Monday, March 3, 2008

Just another day in the life of...

Well, it's been a little while since my last post, but that is because I've been so busy. Where to even begin? Let's see...last weekend I was taken on another trip with my class. We went to Toledo (again) and let's just say it was a less than pleasant time. Towards the end of the trip I turned to my friend, hands shaking in the air, and said, "Man he's [my teacher] has done it to us again (referring back to Segovia)". He literally gave us a 2.5 hour lunch break after which we meet back at a Cathedral. At the Cathedral he gave us a 10ish minute talk about it's significance blah blah and then preceded to tell us that we could not enter unless we each paid 7 euros. Well, obviously nobody wanted to do that. So he asked us if we wanted a break until the bus came at 6. I was like a break from what, your 10 minute talk? Jeeze Louise! So needless to say we waited another hour. So, basically I was dragged to Toledo under threat of a grade deduction to sit for 3 and a half hours. Cool.

But, anyway that Sunday (Feb. 24th) Anne and I went to Madrid to see Real Madrid play. Now, this is what I'm talking about. Enough of this cultural museum nonsense (although I admit that was not torture), I want to see a soccer game. Of course we sat in the noise bleed section, but whatever, it was still awesome. Now, the funny thing is Real Madrid was playing Getafe which basically is a team that should of rolled over. However, because we were there they obviously had to lose. But, the really funny thing was how they lost. Real Madrid had dribbled the ball down and ended up connecting off a cross to score a goal. Everyone started cheering and the players did the obligatory run over to the corner flag, dance thing. Well, apparently while they were dancing the referee had blown his whistle calling the goal back because it was offsides. However, by the time anyone (fans and players alike) realized what had happened Getafe was literally at the box of Real Madrid and yes you guessed it, they scored the only counted goal of the game and ended up winning. Crazy!
Anywho, this past weekend I went to Barcelona, however, I will save that discussion for the next blog to give it justice. I'll just say that Barcelona is amazing and the trip was beyond great!

Besos

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh so jealous of the real madrid game. i want to go i like the scarf you bought. it looks cute. then when you come back to the US, no one will know what it is, and you can act all superior. Sound like fun?