Tuesday, February 19, 2008

La vida es una locura

Man, I always sit here for like 5 minutes (that's exaggerated, but you get the point) thinking about how to start these posts. So, today I decided to start it by telling you how difficult it is to start it (I know pretty ingenious of me). But, anyway so this weekend I went to Madrid...twice! On Friday, I went to Madrid to meet up with Casey. I meet her and her friend for lunch at this place called Vips (which I originally read as very important people, but apparently that was wrong). After that we went to the Reina Sofia because Casey's friend had not been there. It was actually somewhat interesting to go again and to hear the perspectives of other people. Anyway, on Sunday I went back to Madrid. This time I meet my friend Sean at the train station and we rode in together. Then we meet his friend from Mexico and three other people in our program at the Reina Sofia (I know 3 times in a week, I'm pretty much an art rock star). Now, to my surprise I actually really ended up liking it. I saw the same paintings by Picasso and Dali that I had seen before and have come to the conclusion that Dali pretty much rocks over Picasso. I literally saw something new each time I looked at Dali's work whereas Picasso ends up all looking the same.

After the Reina Sofia Sean, his friend and I went to go eat lunch. I decided to order fish and was not prepared to receive a full fish with the tail and head still attached. Whenever we eat fish at home here they just serve it normally (just the body). So, needless to say having this fish face staring at me was not going to float my boat. So, I decided to cut the head off. Of course as I'm doing it Sean is playing the role of the fish and is saying, "No, you're hurting me. Don't decapitate me!" (He thinks he so cute). Anyway, the fish was quite good once it was decapitated and tailless.

After that we meet up with our friends Kendra and Kelsey. I have only one thing to say about that. I have never meet a girl i.e. Kendra that walks into so many souvenir shops. And, the kicker is that everything is exactly the same in all the stores, but every time we passed one she would say, "oh cool let's go in" and I'm thinking to myself, "sorry did we not just see that exactly thing in the store two feet away?" So ridiculous! It's amazing to me the extent to which people complain about not having any money and then the just buy the lamest, most useless things. It's like are you seriously telling me you would pay 20 euros for a bag with a bull on it. But, anyway...

Travel plans:

Feb. 28th-March 2nd: Barcelona
March 13th-17th: Dublin
March 19th-20th: Valencia
March 20th-23th: Ibiza (an island off of Spain)
March 28th-30th: Granada (with UA)
April 4th-7th: Paris


Things I miss:

1. Driving on the highway
2. Bagels
3. The radio
4. A glass of cold milk (I swear they don't refrigerate things here)
5. Dryers (it takes forever to get my clothes back)
6. The dollar
7. Chain restaurants

Things I like:

1. Having meals prepared when I walk in the door (it's pretty sweet)
2. Spending the evenings in the internet cafe with everyone
3. Being mistaken for a Spaniard (I guess it's the brown hair)
4. Laughing to myself in the middle of class b/c I'm thinking about something that happened the day before
5. Having basically no work and just plain hanging out &/or traveling all the time
6. Going to Madrid

Besos

No comments: