Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Winding down

So, I am nearing the end of my semester in Spain. This is a bittersweet moment because of the one hand I am so excited to come home and to see everyone, however, on the other hand I have loved being here, traveling, hanging out, going out, etc. But, I do think that I have an amazing time and have done/cramped in many things.

The weekend before last Sean and I went to Mallorca with some of the people from the other schools. The trip to Mallorca was good because it was sooo relaxing. We chilled by the pool/on the beach, watched movies, Sean & Rene (from St. Marys) made dinner (yes! didn't have to cook), and Victoria (from Slippery Rock) & I cleaned! The weather wasn't great, sorta on the chilly side, but overall it was a good trip.















The girls lying on the beach




Sean, Rene & I


Ok, so today was probably the day that pretty much completed my stay in Spain. Today I saw the king, queen, and president of Spain in person!!! There was a ceremony thing at the university today to present some award to someone. As you can tell I'm a little iffy on the details. But, point being was the king, queen, and president were part of the ceremony so Anne and I left class (gasp!) to wait to see them all walk by. It was pretty awesome. I mean it's not everyday you see royalty or the president (esp. not even one of your own country). Ok, so here's the hilarious part. So, Zapatero (the president) is walking and Anne says to me, "I can't see him." And, so I say back, "He's next to that woman in pink." And, then they all walk by and the crowd starts to leave and Anne and I were like, "Where's everyone going? The king and queen haven't come yet!" And some person was like, "They just walked by!" Apparently the woman in pink was the QUEEN! hahahaha! Anne and I were dying laughing when we figured that out. But, it's ok because we went back to see them leave so this time we knew who they were when we saw them!

The queen in pink, the king is right next to her, and Zapatero is the second man in from the right

Besos

P.S. next stop Seville once the program ends

No comments: